Host a Block Party
Bring your neighbourhood together with a Block Party!
Block Parties are held throughout the summer in various neighbourhoods in Chestermere. They are afternoon or evening BBQs that bring neighbours together for fun, games, and a chance to get to know each other.
Everything you need to host the party!
Chestermere Community Services makes it easy to host a party for your neighbourhood by providing the following:
- planning documents and an invitation template;
- a children’s outdoor games and toys kit;
- disposable plates, cups, napkins and utensils (plates and napkins are compostable and cups may be recyclable, or encourage your neighbours to bring their own reusable, non-breakable plates, cups and cutlery);
- an industrial-sized barbecue (propane tank not included);
- gift certificate for food from M&M Meat Shops or Eric’s No Frills (if available at the time of booking)
- block party sandwich board (for signage the day of the event); and/or,
- a visit from one or more members of the fire department, local RCMP, peace officers, and/or City Council (depending on availability).
The fine print you need to know
In order to hold your booking, you’ll be asked to complete and return a contact information sheet and a waiver of liability and release.
If you are borrowing the barbecue, you’ll also receive barbecue maintenance and cleaning instructions, and you’ll be asked to provide a credit card number or a $50 deposit cheque (made out to the City of Chestermere).
In order for you to safely close the street, barricades will be dropped off by Public Works up to two days before your block party and picked up one to two days after your event. Barricades may not be available when large community events are being held. One lane must be left open, in case emergency vehicles need access.
Note that liquor can only be served and consumed on private property, and partygoers will be expected to follow the City’s noise bylaw, which prohibits excessive noise.
Ready to book your party?
To book a block party, or for more information, contact the City of Chestermere’s Community Development Coordinator, at (403) 207-7046, or email.