Community Resource Centre
With the right information, communities can flourish. The Community Resource Centre (CRC) can help you solve a variety of problems and direct you to resources for help. The Community Resource Centre is a free and confidential service that offers all Chestermere and South East Rocky View individuals and families assistance with basic needs support and information and referrals to local supports and resources.
We are in need of donations (cash and gift cards preferred) in order to help support individual and families in the community.
CRC programs and services includes:
- Assistance with accessing government support programs (ie. Income Support, Child Care Subsidy, Special Needs Assistance for Seniors, etc.).
- Food Bank referrals (intake and assessment).
- Recreational, sport, arts and culture subsidy for children, youth and families (ie. Jumpstart, KidSport, Kids Up Front, Christmas with Dignity).
- Summer Camp referrals to Tim Hortons Camp, Our Lady Queen of Peace Ranch, and etc.
- Financial Literacy one-on-one support and workshops.
- Good Food Box program (registration for a low cost, fresh produce program).
- Christmas with Dignity financial assistance program for basic needs support (rent, damage deposit, utility, medical, training, kids programming, and etc.).
- Baby Essentials program (based on availability - baby formula and food, diapers from infant to toddler sizes, quilts donated by various community groups for newborns, and etc.).
- Information and Referrals (i.e. mental health, support groups, parenting programs, counselling, household items, training programs, career and employment, and etc.).
- And much more! We have also included a list of our annual programs below.
Accessing the CRC is available to all individuals and families in Chestermere and SE Rocky View. The CRC Team will work with you to access the resources that best meet your needs.
- Visit us at City Hall, 105 Marina Drive, Chestermere. We can take appointments Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00pm.
- You can call the Community Resource Centre at (403) 207-7079.
- Send us an email about your concerns and questions, or fill out this short form.
- In addition to office hours,
- some evening appointments are available upon request on Tuesdays
- we have outreach hours at the Food Bank (Bay 105, 100 Rainbow Road, Chestermere) Wednesdays, from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- we can provide outreach services for Langdon and Area individuals and families by appointment.
Proudly Funded By
Child and Family Services, City of Chestermere and Chestermere FCSS, and Rocky View County FCSS.
Backpack Program (June - September)In 2017, we helped over 100 students entering kindergarten to university with back to school supplies. We received an array of gift cards, backpacks, crayons, and much more! Thanks for making this year another success!
Jacket Racket (September - October)Donations are accepted for new or gently used winter wear (coats, snowsuits, hats, mitts, scarves) for children and adults. Donations can be dropped off at City Hall and other places around the community. Those in need of warm winter clothing can contact the Community Resource Centre for pick up times (403) 207-7079.
Christmas With Dignity Campaign and Celebration
The Christmas With Dignity (CWD) program is an annual campaign that raises money for families in need in Chestermere and area. Money raised through donations is placed in a fund that is used to offer temporary help to individuals and families that need help with meeting basic needs.
Although Christmas is in the name, individuals and families in need can tap into funds raised throughout the year.
Each year, the CRC partners with our local food banks, the Chestermere Regional Food Bank and South East Rocky View Food Bank, to ensure individuals and families are able to celebrate the holidays with dignity. We work with additional dedicated groups to fill these hampers with items like gifts for children, family memberships to the library, quilts handcrafted by local residents, and etc. Each participant in the program receives a gift card from Christmas with Dignity that can be used towards purchasing a gift, groceries, fuel, and etc. (as determined by the Christmas with Dignity Advisory Committee).
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) (February - April)
Need a hand to prepare your tax return? Volunteers can help you prepare your income tax and benefit return if you have low income and a simple tax situation. Volunteers are not employees or volunteers of the Canada Revenue Agency. Remember to bring all your tax slips with you.
Are you wondering where to go for help with a health issue? Looking to get involved in a community club, association, or recreation group? Or trying to figure out the school system? The updated Community Resources booklet lists contact information and websites for a variety of programs and services in Chestermere and area, as well as organizations that provide service to Chestermere and area residents.
Community Services is working hard to create a greater presence and awareness of the resources that are available to rural communities. If you have suggestions or questions about any of our programs or services, call (403) 207-7079 or send an email.
South East Rocky View Resources
- Indus Recreation Centre
- South East Rocky View Food Bank - (587) 585-7378
- Indus Mothers and Tots - (403) 816-9651
- Indus Preschool - (403) 936-5474, ext. 4
- Indus Seniors Livewires - (403) 936-5427
- Welcome Wagon - (403) 934-9459